Credentials & Professional Affiliations
- B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Approved EMDR Consultant
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Trauma Training
- BACP Senior Accredited Practitioner (Registration number 001495)
- UKRCP Registered Independent Psychotherapist
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation
- Member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- Member of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
My clients / patients find me through my web site or other professional web sites where I am listed, or are
referred from GPs, psychiatrists, insurance companies, psychological services providers, professional colleagues or by personal recommendation.
I offer consultation /supervision to psychotherapists and psychologists working in the field of trauma and dissociation, and have presented papers and workshops at various conferences and other meetings.
The information below is to let you know that I continue to learn, teach and aim to be up-to-date in all the exciting developments that are taking place in the field of psychotherapy, especially concerning trauma, dissociation and the sense of self.
Some Workshops I Have Presented Recently
- November 2012: Presentation of one-day workshop: Joining the Dots Through Time: Exploring Continuity of Being, Time and the sense of self to psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists at Southover Counselling Services, Lewes.
- October 2012: Presentation at 4th EMDR Autumn Workshop Conference: Temporal Sequencing to Facilitate EMDR
- June 2012: Presentation of Continuity of Being workshop at TAG Conference (Working with Trauma and Abuse Group)
- May 2011: At the British Psychological Society Holistic Psychology Conference, a one-day workshop: ‘A Felt Sense of Continuity Through Time as an Organiser of the Self-Structure.’
- April 2010: At the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation Conference, a paper: ‘Mending the Self-Structure: Using the felt sense of continuity through time to build a template towards integration.’
- June 2009: At the EMDR Europe Conference, I presented a workshop: ‘EMDR and the Autobiographical Self: A resource for working with less stable or dissociative clients based on current understanding of the neural organisation of consciousness and the sense of self.’
- April 2009: A one day training workshop for the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation, with the title: ‘Working with Trauma and Dissociation: Time and continuity as organisers of the sense of self.’
- April 2008: I presented a paper at the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation: 'Rebuilding the self-structure: Using time as a neural organiser.'
- October 2007: Talking Matters Conference where I presented a workshop: 'Trauma and the Organising Self-System: Implications for treatment'.
- April 2007: TAG National Conference where I was one of the Keynote Speakers. The title of my presentation was 'The Impact of Trauma'. I also led two workshops entitled 'Towards Neural Integration'.
- July 2006: UKSSD Conference ‘Dissociation, Complex Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder’. I presented a workshop ‘Time Warps in the Treatment of Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders’.
Some recent events and trainings relevant to my practice
- February 2012: EMDR Association of UK and Ireland Workshop: ‘New Developments on the application of EMDR.’
- December 2011: EMDR Workshop: ‘Body Image Disturbance in Eating Disorders and the Application of EMDR in Treatment.’
- September 2011: Two-day Seminar with Dr Dan Siegel. ‘Applying Interpersonal Neurobiology to Clinical Technique.’
- March 2011: EMDR Association of UK and Ireland Conference
- September 2010: EMDR Consultants’ Workshop
- April 2010: European Society for Trauma and Dissociation Conference. ‘Healing from Traumatic Relationships.”
- March 2010: Workshop - ‘Lifespan Integration in Depression.’
- November 2008: Completed training in 'Lifespan Integration'.
- April 08: European Society for Trauma and Dissociation. First Annual Conference.
- September 2007: EMDR Consultants Training Day.
- April 2007: TAG National Conference
- March 2007: Centenary John Bowlby Memorial Conference: ‘Shattered States: Disorganised attachment and its repair.’
- October 2006: EMDR UK& I: ‘EMDR and Energy Psychology’ by Dr Phil Mollon.
- 2006-2007: Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute Training for the Treatment of Trauma
- September 2006: 3-day EMDR UK&I Consultants’ Training, by Dr Joany Spierings.
- July 2006: UKSSD Conference ‘Dissociation, Complex Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder’.
- May 2006: 2-day workshop led by Professor Allan Schore ‘The Science and the Art of Psychotherapy’.